suitable (comparative more suitable, superlative most suitable)
- Having sufficient or the required properties for a certain purpose or task; appropriate to a certain occasion.
- 2015 February 23, Rachel Janik, “Texas Teacher Will Donate a Kidney to 6-Year-Old Student”, in Time:
- Doctors told Matthew Parker’s family there was only a 1% chance of finding a suitable donor for Matthew because his body had rejected a previous transplant.
- fit for purpose (British)
- up to standard (British)
appropriate to a certain occasion
- suitable in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- suitable in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911