- (transitive) To mark or fix the limits of.
- (transitive) To demarcate.
- Data items in the computer file were delimited by commas.
- The square brackets delimit the list, and individual elements are separated by commas.WB
to mark or fix the limits of
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- delimit in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- “delimit”, in The Century Dictionary, New York: The Century Co., 1911