- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌdɪsəˈl(j)uːʃən/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌdɪsəˈluʃən/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -uːʃən
- The termination of an organized body or legislative assembly, especially a formal dismissal.
- Disintegration, or decomposition into fragments.
- Dissolving, or going into solution.
- The quality of being dissolute.
- Synonym: dissipation
- He led a life of dissolution, drinking and gambling almost daily.
termination of an organized body or legislative assembly
dissolving, or going into solution
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- “dissolution”, in Lexico, Dictionary.com; Oxford University Press, 2019–present.
- dissolution on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
dissolution f (plural dissolutions)