- A state of feeling unwell or unhappy; a feeling of emotional and mental discomfort and suffering from restlessness, malaise, depression, or anxiety.
- body dysphoria, premenstrual dysphoria, weight dysphoria
- 1990, Martin B. Keller, Frances M. Sessa, Lauren P. Jones, “Chapter 7: Chronic Depressive Disorders”, in Barry A. Edelstein, Michel Hersen, M.E. Thase, editors, Handbook of Outpatient Treatment of Adults: Nonpsychotic Mental Disorders, page 145:
- Chronic dysphoria can be secondary to a debilitating medical illness, a psychiatric disorder, or both (Akiskal, 1983).
- 1994, Judith H. Gold, Premenstrual Dysphorias: Myths and Realities, page 249:
- As a result of the critical review of the literature by the Work Group on Late Luteal Phase Dysphoric Disorder (LLPDD), it was agreed that the studies reviewed support the view that the predominant feature of LLPDD is the dysphoria that occurs during the premenstrual period.
- 2013, Michael W. Ross, “2: Psychovenereology: Psychological Aspects of AIDS and other Sexually Transmissible Diseases”, in David G. Ostrow, editor, Behavioral Aspects of AIDS, page 30:
- While the reason for the individual's dysphoria on realizing that he has an STD is a result of lack of acceptance of his sexual orientation, the basis is not religious, and the dysphoria not so pronounced.
Derived terms edit
Related terms edit
state of feeling unwell, unhappy, restless or depressed