efferent (not comparable)
- Carrying away from.
- An efferent nerve carries impulses from the brain to the body.
- Carried outward.
- Efferent impulses are those conveyed by the motor or efferent nerves from the central nervous organ outwards.
carrying away from
efferent (plural efferents)
- Noah Webster (1913), “efferent”, in Noah Porter, editor, Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, Springfield, Mass.: G. & C. Merriam Company
- “efferent”, in The Century Dictionary, New York: The Century Co., 1911
- efferent at OneLook Dictionary Search