See also: Elfe
- (obsolete) A female elf, a fairy, nymph
- Scho was so faire & so fresche, as faucon hire semed, An elfe out of an-othire erde, or ellis an Aungell. — The Wars of Alexander, 1450
- (She was so fair and happy and seemed elegant, an elfe from another world or else an angel.)
- He was takyn with an elfe ... When the clok stroke twelf was he forshapyn. — The Towneley Plays, 1500
- MED, elf, elve(n)
elfe m (plural elfes)
- “elfe” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).