- æquipoise (archaic)
- A state of balance; equilibrium.
- 1927–29, Mahatma Gandhi, An Autobiography or The Story of My Experiments with Truth, Part II, Raychandbhai, translated 1940 by Mahadev Desai,
- And I saw him thus absorbed in godly pursuits in the midst of business, not once or twice, but very often. I never saw him lose his state of equipoise.
- A counterbalance.
state of balance
- (transitive) To act or make to act as an equipoise.
- (transitive) To cause to be or stay in equipoise.
(Can we add an example for this sense?)
act or make to act as equipoise