expecting (not comparable)
- Of a woman or female animal, in expectation of giving birth; pregnant.
- The expecting mother is enthusiastic about learning childcare.
- When is the new couple expecting?
- see pregnant
expecting (plural expectings)
- The process by which somebody expects something.
- 1998, Merrelyn Emery, Searching: The Theory and Practice of Making Cultural Change:
- In this process participants become immersed in the dynamic interplay of rememberings, communal extraction, imaginings, expectings, etc., and of singular perceptions of each of these separately and as they come together […]