exploder (plural exploders)
- Someone or something that explodes.
- A device to trigger explosive detonators such as a plunger or crank operated electrical generator.
- (military, navy) A device to trigger explosions in torpedoes.
- (psychology) A person who directs their anger outward.
- 2012, Daniël Louw, Network of the Human Soul, page 157:
- To a certain extent anger is natural. The therapeutic question is to determine how anger affects attitude and managerial skills. In general, anger behaviour results in the so-called anger personalities: the exploders and the imploders.
- (archaic) One who rejects an opinion or scheme with open contempt.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of South to this entry?)
- ^ Blair, Clay, Jr. Silent Victory; Holmes, W. J. Undersea Victory
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for exploder in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)