- The process of exploring.
- The process of penetrating, or ranging over for purposes of (especially geographical) discovery.
- The exploration of unknown areas was often the precursor to colonization.
- The (pre-)mining process of finding and determining commercially viable ore deposits (after prospecting), also called mineral exploration.
- A physical examination of a patient.
act of exploring
penetrating, or ranging over for purposes of (especially geographical) discovery
physical examination — see physical examination
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
exploration f (plural explorations)
- An exploration