- (General American) IPA(key): /ɪkˈstræktɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɪkˈstræktə/
- Rhymes: -æktə(ɹ)
extractor (plural extractors)
- Any of various mechanical devices that extract a component from others.
- (chemistry) An apparatus that uses a solvent to remove soluble substances from a mixture.
- A centrifugal drying machine.
- (in a gun) A part of the bolt that removes a cartridge from the chamber.
- (graph theory) A particular kind of bipartite graph.
- A function which, being applied to output from a weakly random entropy source, together with a short, uniformly random seed, generates a highly random output that appears independent from the source and uniformly distributed.