See also: fat finger
- (transitive, informal) To make errors in typing on a keyboard or keypad by accidentally striking more than one key simultaneously with one finger.
- 1995 September 8, “US West software update disconnects online users”, in Minneapolis Star-Tribune:
- Another Sprint employee speculated that someone might have fatfingered the keyboard.
- 2008 August 24, “DNS: Patched but not totally fixed”, in TechRepublic:
- However the other day I fatfingered a web request and got a Charter Communicationsnot found result page
- 2010 May 6, Jennie Runevitch, “Source of stocks' plunge investigated”, in wthr.com, Indianapolis:
- "Evidently, someone said they 'fat-fingered' a trade, meaning they accidentally put it in for billions instead of millions," Snyder said.