for the record
- For the purpose of being recorded, especially when already known
- I will ask you, for the record, to state your name and address.
- Now, just for the record, you have served time for drug dealing, haven't you?
- 2004, John N. Maclean, Fire and Ashes: On the Front Lines Battling Wildfires, Henry Holt and Company, ISBN 9780805075915, page 13:
- During brief courtroom appearances, Pattan restricted his comments for the record to “Guilty, sir” for each of the two counts of the indictment.
For the purpose of being recorded