- Rhymes: -ælɪti
- (uncountable) The state of being formal.
- Something said or done as a matter of form.
- A customary ritual without new or unique meaning.
- (countable) A specific requirement for obtaining a legal status, conducting a transaction, etc.
The state of being formal
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked