frequency (plural frequencies)
- (uncountable) The rate of occurrence of anything; the relationship between incidence and time period.
- With growing confidence, the Viking’s raids increased in frequency.
- The frequency of bus service has been improved from 15 to 12 minutes.
- (uncountable) The property of occurring often rather than infrequently.
- The FAQ addresses questions that come up with some frequency.
- The frequency of the visits was what annoyed him.
- (countable) The quotient of the number of times a periodic phenomenon occurs over the time in which it occurs: .
- The frequency of the musical note A above middle C is 440 oscillations per second.
- The frequency of a wave is its velocity divided by its wavelength : .
- Broadcasting live at a frequency of 98.3 megahertz, we’re your rock alternative!
- The frequency for electric power in the Americas is generally 60 Hz rather than 50.
- (statistics) number of times an event occurred in an experiment (absolute frequency)
- (rate of occurrence): period
rate of occurrence of anything
property of occurring often rather than infrequently
number of occurrences divided by time
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked