incidence (plural incidences)
- The act of something happening; occurrence
- The extent, or the relative frequency of something happening
- (physics) The striking of radiation or a projectile upon a surface
- (epidemiology) A measure of the risk that a person develops a new condition within a specified period of time, usually a year.
- Compare with incident.
The extent, or the relative frequency of something happening
- incidence in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- “incidence”, in The Century Dictionary, New York: The Century Co., 1911
- incidence at OneLook Dictionary Search