- The act of something happening; occurrence.
- The extent or the relative frequency of something happening.
- The manner of falling; bearing or onus, as of a tax that falls unequally.
- (physics) The striking of radiation or a projectile upon a surface.
- (epidemiology) A measure of the risk of a person developing a new condition within a specified period of time, usually a year.
- (geometry) The falling of a point on a line, or a line on a plane.
▼ English terms derived from the PIE root *ḱh₂d- (0 c, 27 e)
The act of something happening; occurrence
The extent, or the relative frequency of something happening
The striking of radiation or a projectile upon a surface
- incidence in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- incidence in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
- incidence at OneLook Dictionary Search
incidence f (plural incidences)
- “incidence” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).