incidence (plural incidences)
- The act of something happening; occurrence
- The extent or the relative frequency of something happening
- (physics) The striking of radiation or a projectile upon a surface
- (epidemiology) A measure of the risk that a person develops a new condition within a specified period of time, usually a year.
- (geometry) The falling of a point on a line, or a line on a plane.
- Compare with incident.
The act of something happening; occurrence
The extent, or the relative frequency of something happening
The striking of radiation or a projectile upon a surface
- incidence in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- incidence in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- incidence at OneLook Dictionary Search