get with the program
- (US, idiomatic, informal) To become organized, current, or aware.
- When the student was behind on his vocabulary, the teacher said, "get with the program!"
- (US, idiomatic, informal) To work productively toward the objective of a shared enterprise, especially after the objective or the environment has changed.
- Though natural gas prices dropped, the folks doing solar didn't get with the program.
- (US, idiomatic, informal) To comply with the norms of a social group, especially a shared enterprise.
- Dude, get with the program! We don't do casual Fridays any more.