girth (plural girths)
- A band passed under the belly of an animal, which holds a saddle in place.
- The part of an animal around which the girth fits.
- (informal) One's waistline circumference, most often a large one.
- He's a lusty, jolly fellow, that lives well, at least three yards in the girth.
- A small horizontal brace or girder.
- The distance measured around an object.
- (graph theory) The length of the shortest cycle in a graph.
the distance measured around an object
- To bind as if with a girth or band.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Johnson to this entry?)