Audio (AU) (file)
waistline (plural waistlines)
- a line around the body at the waist; its measurement
- the narrowest part of a garment, usually at the waist, but may be above or below depending on the dictates of fashion or the whim of the designer
- (slang) person having a large waistline
- The horizontal line just below the windows of a car or other vehicle.
- 1979 August, Graham Burtenshaw and Michael S. Welch, “O.V.S. Bulleid's SR loco-hauled coaches - 1”, in Railway World, page 396:
- [...] with the adoption of a curved bodyside profile Bulleid considerably raised the height of the waistline and at the shoulder height of seated passengers, just where the extra space was most needed.
- (a line around the body at the waist): (informal) girth
line around the body at the waist; its measurement
narrowest part of a garment
person having a large waistline