- (intransitive) To strive to one's utmost; to give one's all in an endeavour, at sport, etc.
- Synonym: go strong
- 2020 March 16, Kevin Rudd, “The government's coronavirus crisis approach is 'go late, go half-measures, and go to Hillsong'”, in The Guardian:
- If the battle cry of our government’s response to the global financial crisis was “go early, go hard, go households”, this government’s approach to the current crisis seems to be “go late, go half-measures, and go ... well ... go to Hillsong”.
- (intransitive, informal) To be excellent.
- Synonym: slap
- This pic goes hard. Feel free to screenshot (Internet meme)
- Used other than figuratively or idiomatically: see go, hard.
- I wanted to eat some bread but it had gone hard.