- Unfaithfulness in a marriage or an intimate relationship: practice or instance of having a sexual or romantic affair with someone other than one's spouse, without the consent of the spouse.
- 2013, William G. Staples, Everyday Surveillance: Vigilance and Visibility, →ISBN, page 155:
- Your friends tell you rumors about your girlfriend's infidelity or you remember being broken up around the time the baby was conceived.
- Unfaithfulness in some other moral obligation.
- 1937, Arnold Oskar Meyer, England in German opinion throughout the centuries, page 6:
- It was disastrous that England's infidelity towards Frederick the Great — which no one, not even a German, condemned more strongly than did William Pitt — had to affect one of the most popular heroes of our national history.
- Lack of religious belief.
- (religious): infidel
unfaithfulness in marriage or other moral obligation
lack of religious belief
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked