See also: -sexual
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈsɛkʃuəl/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈsɛkʃuəl/, /ˈsɛksjuəl/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɛkʃuəl
- Of or relating to having sex, sexual acts and sexual reproduction.
- Giving oral sex is my favorite sexual act.
- Of or relating to gender.
2013 July 19, Mark Tran, “Denied an education by war”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 6, page 1:
- One particularly damaging, but often ignored, effect of conflict on education is the proliferation of attacks on schools […] as children, teachers or school buildings become the targets of attacks. Parents fear sending their children to school. Girls are particularly vulnerable to sexual violence.
- Women face sexual discrimination in the workplace.
- Of or relating to sexuality; not asexual.
- She's a very sexual woman; a sexual innuendo.
- 1994, Purity & passion (ISBN 0802471307), page 67:
- We don't often think of Jesus as a sexual person, but He certainly was not asexual. He was not just God on earth. He was fully human and […] He was sexual, single, and celibate.
- Of or relating to sexual orientations, sexual identity or preferences with respect to sexual intercourse
- sexual preferences
of or relating to having sex
of or relating to the sex of an organism
of or relating to sexuality
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- Japanese: セクシャル (sekusharu)
sexual (plural sexuals)
- (biology) A species which reproduces by sexual rather than asexual reproduction, or a member of such a species.
- (LGBT) A person who experiences sexual attraction, a person who has interest in or desire for sex (especially as contrasted with an asexual).
- sexual in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- “sexual”, in The Century Dictionary, New York: The Century Co., 1911
sexual m, f (masculine and feminine plural sexuals)
Inflection of sexual
|comparative||mais sexual||mais sexual||mais sexuais||mais sexuais|
|superlative||o mais sexual
|a mais sexual
|os mais sexuais
|as mais sexuais
sexual 4 nom/acc forms
declension of sexual