- false, not genuine or unauthentic.
- 1993, Sam Kirscher, Working with Adult Incest Survivors: The Healing Journey, page 81:
- This description of the female therapist may have been a transferential distortion, an accurate reading of an ingenuine therapeutic stance, or both.
- 1995, J. P. Telotte, Replications: A Robotic History of the Science Fiction Film, page 164:
- Yet those accomplishments may well be forged, that is, a bit ingenuine, since, as our films must inevitably do, they leave the very forces of repression intact […]