makowiec (plural makowce)
- (rare) a Polish cake (flat or rolled) layered with poppy seed-based paste
- 1957, Sula Benet, Festive recipes and festival menus, page 147:
- MAKOWIEC. (Poppy-seed. roll).
- 2007, Greg Patent, A Baker's Odyssey, page 219:
- If you have a cookie spatula, slide it under the makowiec and transfer it to the baking pan.
- 2011, Frank Cebulski, Lonely Nights and Wild Women: Concrete Visual Shaped Poems, page 54:
- She was trained by the nuns to be their cook and therefore she learned to make very beautiful and sumptuous gourmet dishes, including croissants and delicious fancy desserts. Her makowiec was the best I have ever tasted.
declension of makowiec