- A soft mixture, in particular:
- (physics) A substance that behaves as a solid until a sufficiently large load or stress is applied, at which point it flows like a fluid
- A hard lead-containing glass, or an artificial gemstone made from this glass.
- (obsolete) Pasta.
- Tobias George Smollett (1766) Travels through France and Italy: Containing observations on character, customs, religion, government, police, commerce, arts, and antiquities. With a particular description of the town, territory, and climate of Nice. To which is added, A register of the weather, kept during a residence of eighteen months in that city, Volume 2 (travel), page 35: “This is likewise the market for their oil, and the paste called macaroni, of which they make a good quantity.”
- Arnaud Berquin (1792) The childrens' companion: or, entertaining instructor for the youth of both sexes; designed, to excite attention and inculcate virtue. Selected from the works of Berquin, Genlis, Day, and others, page 75 of 346: “Vermicelli for soups, is paste from Italy; so called because it looks like worms. My macaroni, paste from Italy—My salop, a root ground to powder—the root of one kind of orchis.”
- (mineralogy) The mineral substance in which other minerals are embedded.
a soft mixture
soft mixture used in making pastry
soft mixture of pounded foods
an adhesive paste
lead-containing glass, or an artificial gemstone thereof
- (transitive) To stick with paste; to cause to adhere by or as if by paste.
- (intransitive, computing) To insert a piece of media (e.g. text, picture, audio, video, movie container etc.) previously copied or cut from somewhere else.
- (transitive, informal) To strike or beat someone or something.
- (transitive, informal) To defeat decisively or by a large margin.
to cause to stick, adhere
to insert a piece of text
- first-person singular (eu) present subjunctive of pastar
- third-person singular (ele and ela, also used with você and others) present subjunctive of pastar
- third-person singular (você) affirmative imperative of pastar
- third-person singular (você) negative imperative of pastar
paste m (plural pastes)
- (loofah): paxte
- Formal second-person singular (usted) imperative form of pastar.
- First-person singular (yo) present subjunctive form of pastar.
- Formal second-person singular (usted) present subjunctive form of pastar.
- Third-person singular (él, ella, also used with usted?) present subjunctive form of pastar.