- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /mɒm/
- (US) enPR: mŏm, IPA(key): [mɑm]
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɑm
Abbreviation of momma.
mom (plural moms)
- (US, West Midlands, colloquial, familiar) mother, momma.
- (uncountable) The quality or state of being a mom; motherhood
- Her inner mom is starting to show itself again.
- "Mom" is capitalized when used as a proper noun, but not when used as a common noun:
- I think Mom likes my new car.
- I think my mom will like you.
terms derived from mom (noun)
mother — see mum