monotype (plural monotypes)
- (art, printing) A print made by creating the design using oil paint or printer's ink on metal or glass, then transferring the image directly to paper.
- (art, printing) The technique of making such prints.
- (biology) A monotypic taxon.
- A keyboard-operated typesetting and casting machine that makes and sets separate characters.
- ^ West, Shearer (general editor), The Bullfinch Guide to Art History, page 639, Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, United Kingdom, 1996. ISBN 0-8212-2137-X