moppet (plural moppets)
- (colloquial) A child. Often used lovingly or in an affectionate way.
- 2017 July 7, Ignatiy Vishnevetsky, “The ambitious War For The Planet Of The Apes ends up surrendering to formula”, in The Onion AV Club:
- They are also very sympathetic, especially Caesar’s orangutan advisor, Maurice (Karin Konoval), who takes a shine to a human moppet (Amiah Miller) he finds hiding in the back of a shack, and the poignant Bad Ape (a scene-stealing Steve Zahn), a mangy chimp who was beaten so often in his zoo-animal days that he came to believe what his handlers were shouting was supposed to be his name.
- (dated) A rag baby; a puppet made of cloth.
- (dated) A long-haired pet dog.
rag baby, puppet made of cloth