norice (plural norices)
- Obsolete form of nurse.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for norice in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)
- A woman employed to take care of one's children or babies; a nanny.
- An idea, behaviour or a proponent or proponents of an idea or behaviour that supports something.
- A man employed to take care of one's children and educate them.
- An animal or plant which rears or raises its offspring.
- (rare) Nourishment, rearing, raising.
- (rare) One who provides religious sustenance; a proponent of doctrines.
- (rare) One who is one's guardianship.