overalls pl (plural only)
- (outside Canada, US) A loose-fitting garment worn over regular clothes to protect them.
- Synonyms: (UK) boiler suit, (US, Canada) coveralls
- (US, Canada, Australia) Loose-fitting pants with supporting cross-straps and a panel of material in the chest (called a bib), often associated with farm work.
- 1913, Joseph C. Lincoln, chapter 8, in Mr. Pratt's Patients:
- That concertina was a wonder in its way. The handles that was on it first was wore out long ago, and he'd made new ones of braided rope yarn. And the bellows was patched in more places than a cranberry picker's overalls.
- (UK, military) Trousers traditionally worn by cavalry.
loose fitting garment worn over regular clothes to protect them
loose fitting pair of pants with a bib
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- overalls on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- boilersuit on Wikipedia.Wikipedia