playing (plural playings)
- (gerund of play) An occasion on which something, such as a song or show, is played.
- 2009, January 19, “Edward Wyatt”, in ‘Big Love’ Gets a Big Tie to Real World:
- […] the Nielsen figures show that average viewership across all playings fell by only 40 percent and that total viewership of the entire season’s episodes fell by only 20 percent.
playing (plural playinges)
- playing, having fun, entertainment, revelry.
- The playing of a game or sport; ludic entertainment.
- The participation or running of a play or performance.
- (rare) The duration something is boiling for.
- (rare) comedy, humour.
- English: playing
- “pleiinge, ger.”, in MED Online, Ann Arbor, Mich.: University of Michigan, 2007, retrieved 2018-05-20.