- prospre (obsolete, rare)
From Old French prosperer, from Latin prosperō (“I render happy”), from prosperus (“prosperous”), from Proto-Italic *prosparos, from Proto-Indo-European *speh₁- (“to succeed”), whence also Latin spēs (“hope, expectation”).
- (transitive) To favor; to render successful.
- (intransitive) To be successful; to succeed; to be fortunate or prosperous; to thrive; to make gain.
- (intransitive) To grow; to increase.
- See also Thesaurus:prosper
to be successful
- Alternative form of (singular masculine nominative)