See also: punchcard
- A card that can have holes or notches cut in it, especially one for storing data, that can be sorted according to combinations of holes present or absent.
- A card given to a customer and punched with a hole at each purchase, allowing a reward to be claimed when fully punched.
- Sometimes the blank card was called a punch card, and became a punched card only after holes had been punched in it.
- Also see punched tape and paper tape.
- (card with holes or notches): index card, punched card
- (card used in early mainframe computers): punched card, Hollerith card
card with have holes or notches used for storing data