rathole (plural ratholes)
- An entrance to a living area or passageway used by mice or rats.
- A living area used by mice or rats.
- A particularly squalid human residence.
- An area of a silo that has undergone ratholing, so that material moves mostly through the centre and accumulates around the edges.
- (transitive) to hoard.
- (transitive) to take a conversation off topic, especially in technical meetings.
- (transitive) to surreptitiously or prematurely remove chips during a poker game.
- (intransitive) (of material) to empty only in the center of a hopper or silo, persisting circumferentially.