reducible (comparative more reducible, superlative most reducible)
- Capable of being reduced.
- (mathematics, of a polynomial) Able to be factored into polynomials of lower degree, as .
- (mathematics, of an integer) Able to be factored into smaller integers; composite.
- (topology, of a manifold) Containing a sphere of codimension 1 that is not the boundary of a ball.
capable of being reduced
able to be factored into polynomials of lower degree
containing a sphere of codimension 1 that is not the boundary of a ball
- IPA(key): (Spain) /reduˈθible/ [re.ð̞uˈθi.β̞le]
- IPA(key): (Latin America) /reduˈsible/ [re.ð̞uˈsi.β̞le]
- Rhymes: -ible
- Syllabification: re‧du‧ci‧ble
reducible (plural reducibles)
- Antonym: irreducible
- “reducible”, in Diccionario de la lengua española, Vigésima tercera edición, Real Academia Española, 2014