topology (plural topologies)
- (mathematics) A branch of mathematics studying those properties of a geometric figure or solid that are not changed by stretching, bending and similar homeomorphisms.
- (mathematics) A collection τ of subsets of a set X such that the empty set and X are both members of τ and τ is closed under arbitrary unions and finite intersections.
- (medicine) The anatomical structure of part of the body.
- (computing) The arrangement of nodes in a communications network.
- (technology) The properties of a particular technological embodiment that are not affected by differences in the physical layout or form of its application.
- (topography) The topographical study of geographic locations or given places in relation to its history.
- (dated) The art of, or method for, assisting the memory by associating the thing or subject to be remembered with some place.
study of geometric properties that are not changed by stretching etc.
arrangements of computer nodes
Read in another language
This page is available in 17 languages