See also: réflexive
reflexive (not comparable)
- (grammar) Referring back to the subject, or having an object equal to the subject.
- (mathematics) Of a relation R on a set S, such that xRx for all members x of S (that is, the relation holds between any element of the set and itself).
- "Equals" is a reflexive relation.
- Of or resulting from a reflex.
- The electric shock elicited an automatic and reflexive response from him.
- (figurative) Producing immediate response, spontaneous.
- a reflexive dislike
- Synonym of
Derived terms Edit
Related terms Edit
resulting from a reflex
reflexive (plural reflexives)
reflexive pronoun — see reflexive pronoun
reflexive verb — see reflexive verb
See also Edit
Further reading Edit
Etymology 1 Edit
reflexīvē (not comparable)
Etymology 2 Edit