See also: réflexive
reflexive (not comparable)
- (grammar) Referring back to the subject, or having an object equal to the subject.
- (set theory) Of a relation R on a set S, such that xRx for all members x of S (that is, the relation holds between any element of the set and itself).
"Equals" is a reflexive relation.
- Of or resulting from a reflex.
The electric shock elicited an automatic and reflexive response from him.
- (figuratively) Producing immediate response, spontaneous.
a reflexive dislike
- Synonym of
reflexive (plural reflexives)
reflexive pronoun — see reflexive pronoun
reflexive verb — see reflexive verb
- reflexive on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Reflexive pronoun on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Reflexive verb on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- inflected form of