Alternative forms Edit
- relativise (non-Oxford British English)
Audio (Mid-Atlantic) (file)
- To make one thing relative to another.
- 1996, Lisa Sowle Cahill, Sex, Gender, and Christian Ethics, page 256:
- However, many thinkers (Protestant and Catholic) have used historical-critical methods to relativize New Testament materials on sex and gender to their original settings, rather quickly substituting for "obsolete" moral prohibitions a modern, liberal set of values […]
- (grammar) To make relative.
- to relativize indirect objects
Derived terms Edit
to make relative to