rustproof (comparative more rustproof, superlative most rustproof)
- Resistant to rust, oxidation and corrosion.
- This is supposed to be a rustproof trashcan, but it can't handle the salt they use on our roads.
- Synonyms: nonrusting, stainless
- Resistant to the rust fungus.
resistant to rust, oxidation and corrosion
rustproof (third-person singular simple present rustproofs, present participle rustproofing, simple past and past participle rustproofed)
- To make resistant to rust, such as by applying a coating.
- We'll rustproof the metal with a good coat of paint and then we'll be able to leave it outdoors for years without damage.