- to loose, loosen, release, discharge
- to let go, discharge
- to discharge, fire; to shoot
First Conjugation (A)
* Indirect relative
† Archaic or dialect form
Terms derived from scaoil
- “scaílid” in Dictionary of the Irish Language, Royal Irish Academy, 1913–76.
- "scaoil" in Foclóir Gaeilge-Béarla, An Gúm, 1977, by Niall Ó Dónaill.
- Entries containing “scaoil” in English-Irish Dictionary, An Gúm, 1959, by Tomás de Bhaldraithe.
- Entries containing “scaoil” in New English-Irish Dictionary by Foras na Gaeilge.