Alternative forms edit
- scholemaster (obsolete)
Audio (US) (file)
schoolmaster (plural schoolmasters)
- A male teacher.
- A male teacher in charge of a school, usually a small one.
- (figurative) Anything that teaches.
- The war was a tough schoolmaster for the Athenians.
Derived terms edit
Related terms edit
male teacher in charge of a small school
anything that teaches
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- To teach in the capacity of schoolmaster.