- (uncountable) The provision of chairs or other places for people to sit
- There is plenty of comfortable seating.
- (countable) A period of time in which a restaurant will seat guests
- 1989, January 19, “Ann Conway”, in 'Celebrity Cook-Off' Adds Laughs to Menu, page Life 9:
- They had three seatings and too many people. So, we raised our prices and kept it to two seatings.
- Material for making seats.
- cane seating
- A housing in which a component is seated.
provision of chairs
material for making seats
housing for components