- seisure (obsolete)
- The act of taking possession, as by force or right of law.
- the seizure of a thief, a property, a throne, etc.
- The search warrant permitted the seizure of evidence.
- A sudden attack or convulsion, (e.g. an epileptic seizure).
- He fell to the floor and convulsed when the epileptic seizure occurred.
- A sudden onset of pain or emotion.
- He felt the sudden seizure of pain as the heart attack began.
- That which is seized, or taken possession of; a thing laid hold of, or possessed.
- (obsolete) Retention within one's grasp or power; possession; ownership.
act of taking possession, as by force or right of law
sudden attack or convulsion
sudden onset of pain or emotion