side by side
See also: side-by-side
- Alternative spelling of
- (literally) Beside or alongside one another; close to one another and abreast.
- The new houses were built side by side, facing the lake.
- (figuratively) In peace. (Can we add an example for this sense?)
- (figuratively) With a common purpose.
- The soldiers of XX and YY were fighting side by side against a common enemy.
figuratively, with a common purpose
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked