- (General American) IPA(key): /sɪnˈsɪɹli/
Audio (US) (file)
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /sɪnˈsɪəli/
- Hyphenation: sin‧cere‧ly
- In a sincere or earnest manner; honestly.
- I sincerely hope they make it home safely.
- (US) A conventional formula for ending a letter, used when the salutation addresses the person for whom the letter is intended by his or her name.
- Please consider the proposal carefully and let me know what you decide.
- (in a sincere manner): earnestly, genuinely, honestly, truthfully; see also Thesaurus:honestly
- (formula for ending a letter): yours sincerely (UK), sincerely yours (US), yours truly, best regards, regards
- (formula for ending a letter): valediction
In a sincere or earnest manner; honestly
formula for ending a letter — see yours sincerely