- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /sə(k)ˈsɪŋkt/
- (UK) IPA(key): /səkˈsɪŋ(k)t/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: suc‧cinct
- brief and to the point
- You should give clear, succinct information to the clients.
- 1961 February, R. K. Evans, “The role of research on British Railways”, in Trains Illustrated, page 94:
- The Derby Carriage Works foreman, when informed that this coach was to be run at 90 m.p.h. to obtain information on bogie hunting, is reported to have offered one succinct word of advice - "Don't!"
- compressed into a tiny area.
- Unlike general lossless data compression algorithms, succinct data structures retain the ability to use them in-place, without decompressing them first.
- (archaic) wrapped by, or as if by a girdle; closely fitting, wound or wrapped or drawn up tightly.
brief and to the point
compressed into a tiny area