Alternative forms edit
- sweatmeat (obsolete)
sweetmeat (plural sweetmeats)
- A sweet delicacy; a confection.
- 1950 February, W. Dendy, “Impressions of the Indian Railways—3”, in Railway Magazine, page 119:
- At the principal stations there are also separate Hindu and Mohemmedan refreshment rooms, and some mail trains have compartments reserved for Indian tea and sweetmeat vendors.
- (informal) Sweetheart; darling.
- 2010, Scott Nicholson, The Gorge:
- “Hey, sweetmeat, where you been?” Farrengalli hollered.