- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈswiːtˌhɑːt/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈswitˌhɑɹt/
Audio (US) (file)
sweetheart (plural sweethearts)
- A person who is always very kind.
- She is such a sweetheart, she never complains about me being late.
- A person very much liked or loved by someone, especially when both partners are young.
- John married his highschool sweetheart in 1981.
- (US) A female member of a college or university fraternity.
- (kind): sweetie.
- (romantic term of endearment): dear, darling, sweetie, see also Wikisaurus:sweetheart
a person who is always very kind
a person very much liked or loved by someone else
darling — see darling