- Rhymes: -iːnz
- plural form of
- (plural only) The numbers between thirteen and nineteen.
- The number of people at the meeting was in the teens.
- (plural only) The time of life between thirteen and nineteen years old.
- She is in her teens.
- (plural only) The second decade of a century: the 1910s, 2010s, etc. The oneties, the tens.
2010, Michael G Cunningham, “The 20th Century's aughts and teens: OPERETTA”, in Gilded Songs (Berlin to Bacharach): The Gig Instrumentalist's Guide to the Golden Era of American Popular Song (1920 to 1979):
the numbers 13 to 19 inclusive
time of life between 13 and 19 years old
second decade of a century
|21th century||2000s - 2010s - 2020s|
|20th century||1900s - 1910s - 1920s - 1930s - 1940s - 1950s - 1960s - 1970s - 1980s - 1990s|
|19th century||1800s - 1810s - 1820s - 1830s - 1840s - 1850s - 1860s - 1870s - 1880s - 1890s|
|18th century||1730s - 1740s - 1750s - 1760s - 1770s - 1780s - 1790s|
|Previous||1000s - 1010s - 1040s|
|Decade only||00s - 10s - 20s - 30s - 40s - 50s - 60s - 70s - 80s - 90s|
|'00s - '10s - '20s - '30s - '40s - '50s - '60s - '70s - '80s - '90s|
|00's - 10's - 20's - 30's - 40's - 50's - 60's - 70's - 80's - 90's|
|aughts/noughties/oughts - oneties/tens/teens - twenties - thirties - forties - fifties - sixties - seventies - eighties - nineties|
|Nicknames||Dirty Thirties - Roaring Twenties|
- genitive singular definite of