the hell out of
Audio (AU) (file)
Occurs between a verb and its object.
- 1993: Susan Powter, Stop the Insanity! Eat, Breathe, Move, Change the Way You Look and Feel—Forever
- How about eliminating all the stupid choreography you've got us doing—which doesn't do a damn thing, other than confuse the hell out of most people....
- 2004: William Upski Wimsatt Adrienne Brown, How to Get Stupid White Men Out of Office: The Anti-Politics, Un-Boring Guide to Power
- There were days where we would just pick up our coats, leave one person in the office, and head into an area that was weak and door-knock the hell out of it.
- 2004: Rachel Reiland, Get Me Out of Here: My Recovery from Borderline Personality Disorder
- Am I supposed to be like my mother? Crying all the time, manipulating the hell out of him, out of us?